Photo coming soon
Guatamalan Chirmol Sauce
Recipe type: Sauce / Salsa
Very simple and delicious sauce to put over any type of grilled meat.
- 1 small onion or 3 scallions
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons oil, (olive oil likely the best)
- ½ jalepeno (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill onions and tomatoes till soft. Remove the skin of the tomatoes, its ok if it is blackened.
- Puree in blender or smash together in a bowl, tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
- Add olive oil, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve either hot or cold over grilled meats such as beef, pork, chicken or fish.