Cara’s West Coast Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
Recipe type: Entree
Our last taste of California Cuisine of salmon glazed with Thai sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, mustard, and lime juice. Topped with pineapple salsa.
- 1 2.5-3lb salmon filet (we used wild-caught Alaskan sockeye) skin on
- 3 limes
- ½ cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 pineapple
- Rice for serving
- Cut pineapple into bite sized pieces and set aside. Position oven rack 4-5″ below broiler. Heat broiler on high.
- Place salmon on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet sprayed with oil.
- Combine juice of the limes, chili sauce, soy sauce, and mustard. Divide glaze in half.
- Use one half to baste the salmon and set the other half aside. Baste salmon with glaze and broil for 4 minutes.
- Continue reglazing the salmon every 3-4 minutes until the glaze is well caramelized and fish flakes easily.
- Serve sections of fish with rice and pineapple chunks, drizzling with reserved glaze.