Changua - Colombian Breakfast Soup
Recipe type: breakfast
This soup was served to us on multiple occasions. Typically served at breakfast it could be good any time of the day.
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup of white creamy cheese
- 3 scallions chopped
- Capers optional
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the milk and water in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the onion, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the eggs without breaking them.
- Let the eggs cook for 3 minutes and add the cilantro.
- Add the cheese
- Serve warm with bread on the side and garnish with fresh cilantro and optional capers